Saturday, January 31, 2009

Saturday Pastels



A fresh day!! I awoke this morning to the soft yet unwanted crow of the fall roosters stretching their voice cords. If only they knew it was Saturday and to take this morning off. I hugged my Bear, yes, you read right, Bear as in the Ted E. type, stretched my sleepy legs and wiggled my toes. A new day has been blessed to us all and work awaits. As I found my robe and walked through the dark room I gazed outside and let the soft pink and orange hues soften me even more. I took a moment to soak in the scene and thought briefly about breakfast. I love to write and blog but for whatever reason I keep thinking I have to put great pictures up with every entry. Then I realized this is my blog, I can do whatever I want. Why is it I keep thinking I have to do or be whom or whatever everyone wants me to be? My goal is to drop that thinking and just be me!!

So, with a new day wide open for adventure and discovery I am thankful. For those that are far away from their loved ones keeping the wolves at bay, I am thankful. For my precious Sadie that rarely leaves my side I am thankful. I am thankful and thoughtful this morning. I love my talent and gift and am excited about this year that I will use it to make so many others happy within.

I thought I had a little while but I hear the thumpity thump of my sweet boys feet and the entourage of dogs behind him. Breakfast is beckoning and so is coffee. And so are the sheep... do they ever stay satisfied and quiet.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everytime I read something you have written, I am moved to write!! I guess you might say that you are truly inspirational...in more ways than one; through your words and through your photography. This mornings' picture of the icy terrain that greeted you as you arose, sends a chill up and down my spine! We are in the balmy 50's..in the south that is stopping by the road with the windows down eating a Wendy's frosty kind of day!!! Needless to say, that is just what Ed and I have just done!!!